Thursday, June 18, 2009

Introduction:-Money, market and the man

Everyone who comes to stock market, comes to make money, comes to build wealth, to make fortune. My reason becoming there in the stock market was not any exception. I have been associated with the Stock market for about 7 years now and despite a very big bull run in the Indian stock market for more than 5 years I have not made money there.

During this very long period I have truly made a lot of experiments with my investment decisions and have acquired knowledge about what should be done and what should not be done in the Stock market. I have a lot of failures in stock market and now I know very well how to lose money there.

By now I have gained my 100 pillars of failures and now I wait for nothing less than success in the stock market. I have much to tell about my experiences which I would like to share with you.

Money is very important. We need a lot of them to spend and lot more we need to keep them as reserve for meeting our future expenses. Money is that apple which we want to eat and have it intact at a time. And we dream of having ample money to fulfill our desires. Desires are unlimited and we need unlimited money. We need money to fulfill our dreams, whatsoever.

Stock Market shows us the opportunities of acquiring unlimited wealth and we reach there with a lot of dreams and expectations. Initially we look at the market with fear and respect. We try to acclimatize ourselves with the environment of the market and try to learn market language.

Soon we become so obsessed with market activities that all other works appear less important. We become much involved both monetarily and emotionally. Friends who do not deal with stocks appear less friendly.

Slowly we become so much passionate about stock market that we start neglecting our health. We now consume more electricity and telephone bills and pay handsome bills for our internet connections. Eventually we forget to keep account of these losses while calculating our possible profits.

Man as such is a very important component of stock market. The thrill and excitement of dealing with stock is almost unparallel. For me, I could compare this with my passion for the girl I madly loved in my teen.

I entered into the market at my 40 years of age when I was already father of two children and I had a lot of social responsibilities to take care of. Had I not been there in the market I’m sure I could take better care for my responsibilities. Market consumes a lot of time in studies exploring opportunities. I almost devoted myself to learn more about market. For years together I remained pasted with my computer forgetting the world around me. Sometime I thought a lifetime is not time enough to understand various components of stock market.

Reading up to here you may feel that I am repenting for my earlier decision of getting involved with the market but I’m not. The message I intend to send you here is we need be very judicious about our expectations and limitations. We need be aware that market has the potential to give us very lucrative returns and also it has equal potential to take our last coin from us dragging us into the deep financial miseries as well.

I want to send you the message that first of all we need invest time to learn more about different activities going on in and around stock market while I reiterate that the depth of market is almost unfathomable and we should not be under false notion that I’ve learned too much of it to take immediate control.

This is no surprise that almost every new comer in the market falls into the false notion of having learned it all within very short period of time. With due honor to one’s individual merit and intelligence I reiterate that market is not an entity to learn within very short spell because true return from the market do not come from day trading kind of activities. Rather a rich harvest of wealth is reaped only after expiry of reasonably very long gestation period. Stay invested for a long term kind of advice is not uncommon in financial websites. I do only endorse the concept of investing with a long term perspective after experiencing the taste of investing otherwise.

In true sense, putting some money in a stock for a short while and selling it off after 30-40% profit once or twice is quite common happening in the market but this is something like a game even not worth saying investing.

Even if you wish to call it as the game of money making (and not investing) I’ll reiterate that investing is the best Game market has to offer you. There are certain things which one can not truly learn without experiencing.

We are all in search of the best way to acquire more gains from the stock market being subjected to minimum possible damage to our financial abilities. As such when we will encourage ourselves saying more risk more Gain kind of sentence we must be aware of our capacity to bear “More risk more Loss” kind of possible outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment